my adventures in law, endurance events and everything in between (while still embracing the namesake of duckie mcquacksalot, esq.).

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Swimming, running, and biking! Oh my!

I noticed recently that there has been a whole lot of training going on, but little blogging. So, ready to hear all about my cycling exploits? (which translates into me blogging about all the songs I sing to myself while I ride. Lucky you!)

Workouts for the week:
(Last Sunday: 28 mile ride at Rileys Lock. The first time EVER a long ride was actually FUN. This might be the cycling breakthrough I have been waiting 2+ years for.)

Monday: strength training and a 30 min z2 run.
Tuesday: 3400 yard swim and 60 min spin.
Wednesday: strength training and track work.
Thursday: 3200 yard swim (speedwork) and 60 min spin (speedwork).
Friday (instead of Saturday): 7.5 mile run with 1 mile z4 and 8000 M swim (~5 miles).
Saturday: OFF (in Philly)
Sunday: 30 mile ride in crappy wind in Harwood, MD

Now its time for recovery week and I couldn't be happier. Had another solid ride this weekend, so hopefully the trend continues. Granted, that "solid ride" involved me yelling (and I mean YELLING) at the wind for the last 8 miles of the ride. But, other than that, it was fun. (Those you were around "back in the day" when I was first learning to ride a bike remember how un-fun those days were. So this is good stuff.)
The swimming is, well, swimming. Going well and now venturing into the "this is going to hurt" mileage. Guess we will see how I hold up.

In other news, I am now the new manager for the Potomac River Running store slated to open in Arlington in April. This is a big deal for me and I am looking forward to being even more a part of the multisport community. It also fits well into my larger professional plans and could not have come at a better time.

Wow, I have a job AND the bike is fun???? Who would have thought?

No comments: