my adventures in law, endurance events and everything in between (while still embracing the namesake of duckie mcquacksalot, esq.).

Friday, January 9, 2009

25 Things

My friend Meghan posted on her blog and FB page her "25 Things," which were 25 quirks, goals, habits, and general "deep thoughts." So I thought I would do the same, since I found her list to be interesting and quite a fun read. I cannot promise that mine will be the same, but who knows...

1) I have a tea addiction. All kinds. It is to the point that I have to not go down the tea aisle in the grocery store. And when I receive tea in the mail, it makes my week. I probably would have gladly accepted "engagement tea" from Justin rather than the beautiful ring he gave me, which is so *not right.*

2) The longer I am a vegetarian, the ethical reasons matter more and the health reasons matter less, even though health was the primary factor for my decision in the first place.

3) Never trust an octopus. They are stronger and, most likely, smarter than you and have no qualms about pulling you into the tank.

4) I am an academic elitist and try very hard not to be one. But I have difficulty with people who have education and choose to do nothing with it or do not try to challenge themselves. But I understand those who have just decided they want a different direction for their lives. Perhaps it is more about intent rather than achievement.

5) When I was born, I was 2 lbs, 14 ounces, 11 weeks early, and spent 6 weeks in an incubator.

6) I made alot of mistakes in college and wish, frequently, that I had done many things differently.

7) There are a handful of people I am not in touch with right now and would love to have them back in my life. But I am afraid that if I reach out to them, they will reject me, or worse, be indifferent towards me.

8) I want a harem. Really.

9) While I love being a lawyer, I probably would have been a much better vet.

10) Sometimes, I wish I had made the same career choices as the rest of my law school classmates. But when they tell me about their work and lives, I am secretly glad I bucked the trend, even though it has been a very difficult and disappointing 6 years.

11) Switching teams was not something I expected to do and still miss my old life. Straddling both threads, while awkward and unsatisfying, is still better than not having any connections at all.

12) I am a better athlete now than I have ever been in my life. Thank you triathlon! :)

13) I don't know how to use 90% of the functions on my BlackBerry and probably will never learn how to actually operate it.

14) I spill water on myself at least once a day. And usually in public.

15) I gave up on being "cool and beautiful" many years ago, but still fantasize about it once in awhile.

16) Justin is getting faster than me in the pool and I will be embarrassed when he moves up a lane without me.

17) I respect my parents alot and hope that they know that.

18) My favorite magazine is National Geographic and I have spent hours collecting photographs online from their website when I should have been writing my book.

19) I did write a book that I am sure no one has bought or read and probably never will. I thought it would bother me that no one read it but part of me is relieved.

20) I can never turn down free books. I also have a hard time not buying books, even if I don't read them all.

21) Justin gives the BEST hugs of anyone I know.

22) When I was little, I used to wake my dad up in the middle of the night and ask for apple juice in my sippy cup. Though, I think juice sounded more like "dootch." And he would get up each time and get it for me.

23) GI, my 30 yr old horse, is my oldest friend and I will miss him terribly when he dies.

24) I can eat a whole head of Italian parsley and measures should be taken if said parsley should remain uneaten.

25) Sometimes, I wonder what my life would have been like if I had said "yes" 11 or so years ago.

There you go.

And I thought of another one, so indulge me.

25a) I was called a dream-killer once and I never got over it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

But who did you tag???